Supernatural Freak

Supernatural Freak - Louisa Klein Man, talk about starting a book off with a BANG! Literally we hit the ground running, right along with Robyn. I loved it. There was really not a good stopping point in this book so I found myself reading the whole thing in one sitting because I had to know what happened next. I loved the consistent action. One of the more surprising aspects was the humor which is much appreciated. It underlines the entire story and it is awesome, dry, sometimes outlandish, I just loved it. Her Uncle, holy hell what a hot mess, but I loved him! Her whole gang was awesome! Very Buffy the Vamp Slayer. If you're a fan of this show then you will probably like/love this book.

Robyn has some growing to do so I really am glad this is a series. We see a bit of that growth in this novel, but I am excited to see how she ends up. I am a big fan of character growth because you can really come to care for the character this way. It makes the entire experience of reading a series much more personal. I also am looking forward to seeing how the relationship between her and James progresses as well. They clearly care about each other and while I would love to reach in and yell at them both to get their shit together I realize they need to have their pitfalls first.

The world building in this book is very extensive and well thought out. The author weaves a magical and supernatural world seamlessly with a modern backdrop. I loved it. I will say sometimes it can get a bit confusing which is where I have to knock off a bit of points. Also, I will say (though I didn't knock off pts for this) that some of the American readers will get a little confused at some of the more British jargon. Luckily, I went to school in England for a bit so I was able to follow along. This doesn't deter from the quality of the story, but I can see how that might pull someone out of the story momentarily.

Would I recommend this? Uh, hell ya! It was great and I really believe that the story will only improve as the series unfolds. Looking forward to book 2!! Also, side note! The cover art is awesome! Super in love with it! Arc received in exchange for an honest review!