Night Demon (Night Series, #2)

Night Demon (Night Series, #2) - Lisa Kessler From pagetrotter.blogspot.com

This is one solid paranormal romance. First, let me say I am a super fan of dual/multiple POV's. I am one nosy chick and I love to know what everyone is thinking. The way the author has the POV's stacked really fleshes out the the suspense in this story. The pacing in turn is awesome. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time. I am also a huge fan of the history and mythology that the author incorporated in the book. It was really well researched and seamlessly woven into the plot. At the same time, the information is fed to us slowly so we are never overwhelmed.

The romance...oh man the romance! It unfolds perfectly, plenty of anticipation and lust filled looks. And their first kiss...hot damn. Lukas is HAWT. The heat between them is palpable and I was digging it big time. Both Lukas and Gretchen compliment each other really well. I also loved the the relationships they had with the secondary characters. They all got air time, enough to make me interested in their own stories, but they didn't take away the spotlight from the main characters. I think the word to use in this story is balance. Everything was balanced so well that readers could tell this author was not only well seasoned, but she had talent and her writing had quality.

This is book 2 in the series, but you can read this as a stand alone if you choose. I haven't read the first one (but I will;) and I was able to follow along perfectly without a lot of confusion as to who was who. I really enjoyed this story and I would definitely recommend it! ARC received from publisher in exchange for an honest review!