Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1)

Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1) - C.M. Stunich This one is immediately in my favorite shelf.

Every now and then you come across a book that grips you by the throat and refuses to let you ignore it. This is one of those books for me. The subject matter is hard and it is something that I have never seen touched by authors. The main characters, Never and Ty, are so beautifully tortured. I wanted to cry for them and shake the living shit out of them at the same time. They broke my heart and gave me hope.

I have never read such honest and raw writing before. Stunich writes this dark and gritty tale and then throws it against white paper, letting the content stand starkly against it while never apologizing or placating for its realism. Never is so broken and uses sex to fill this whole that I don't think even she comprehends how big it is. Ty is this beautiful soul that has had a HORRIBLE past. I mean devastating. All he wants is to heal. But Stunuich is crafty and we only get a few snippets of his past. Which is cruel. Gah! He is truly a beautiful person, both inside and out. One has been betrayed by everyone they love and the other has never known love. Together they make one of the most honest and beautiful love stories I have ever read.

Now for y'all lovely readers out there...I just finished this book. And I have a TON of reviews I should be writing before I write this one. I just could not let this go until I talked about it hahaha. This post is my therapy sesh. Don't let this scare you off. It is heavy, but it's a good kind. It's grounding and so full of hope I could write a frickin sonnet right now. Ok I'll stop waxing effing poetic about it. Go read my friends!

My one complaint is that upon finishing this book, I stalked the HELL out of the author's Goodreads page, website, and blog and I don't see anything about a sequel. It definitely needs one. I needs it, my precioussssss (recently saw the Hobbit, forgive me) I am not done with these characters. I need to know they'll be ok. I need to know more about both of them. My God, Author Lady! I'm going to turn into a FB stalker like Never hahahaha!

Warning: Recommended for 18 and up because of sexual situations (both good, bad, and downright STEAMY!)

If you like this review, feel free to check out more on my blog pagetrotter.blogspot.com

Going to be part of the Tasting Never Blog Tour!!! Check out the details here: http://pagetrotter.blogspot.com/2013/01/stop-by-on-saturday-why-well-ill-tell.html