My Deliberate Mistake - Claire Svendsen from pagetrotter.blogspot.com

3.75 Stars

I don't read a lot of scary books because, well, I'm chicken shit. I had no idea that this book would go in that direction, but by the time it did, I was already sucked in. Ana is away at an art competition in bumble fuck Florida to try and win a scholarship to art school. Throughout this time she is plagued by her dead twin sister Julia. Julia's mission is to have Ana join her in crazy land.

Ok. This is usually where I go into detail about character's, dialogue, flow, blah de blah blah. I honestly am at a loss because on one hand everything that happened could have ACTUALLY happened, but on the other hand it could have been in Ana's head and I JUST DON'T FREAKING KNOW! I'm currently mind fucked. I guess what I can say is that it was a fast read because I was like," umm, WTF just happened. Julia, you evil watery slut. Or maybe it was all Ana. Or maybe..." There was a lot of or maybe's. Ana was no-nonsense which I appreciate in a character, but let me be clear. She is mentally ill. I understand why she did what she did, but still all the events in the book...I don't know if she caused them or not. And then the end. Ick. Gave me shivers. I just don't know what to think about her.

The one thing I didn't like? And if you read any of my reviews before you know where this is goingggggg......the insta-love. Insta-lust? Yes. I can get behind that. I just need more from my characters, I need to know more about them, before I believe in their relationship. I think Ana was just clinging to someone who made her feel safe, even though I wasn't a fan of Mark from the SECOND I met him. I think she mistook what he wanted as some form of caring and compassion which she sadly lacked. He took advantage in my mind. No me gusta. I was Team Noah when he first strutted onto the scene and was Team Noah until the end. I would have liked to see more of a progression in their relationship, but I don't think that was the focal point of the story so there is little time spent on it.

For me though, this is a minor issue. I was more interested in the weird internal struggle between Julia and Ana. So would I recommend this? Hmm. It isn't my usual cup of tea, but I enjoyed it in the sense that it kept me entertained and leery of water for a couple days. Honestly, it's not your typical New Adult. I do love the psychological aspect. The romance aspect I could have done without, but like I said, it doesn't deter from the core of the story. The ending was whoa baby. I can't even talk about it. I guess what I'm saying is that YES I would, IF you are interested in a psychological thriller with many twists and turns. Also really, really, jealous of that absolutely BEAUTIFUL cover art. OMG. I need to find out who did it. ALSO the editing was incredible. I could not find one mistake so yay!!!

I know this isn't my most coherent review, but I honestly do not know how to go about it. I'm just really glad I read it because I do like to go out of my comfort zone. I would just go into reading this fully aware that while it is New Adult, it is like nothing out there. Which is a really good thing. ARC in exchange for an honest review!