Extreme Love - Abby Niles From pagetrotter.blogspot.com

Ok. I'm going to be honest here. I didn't really care for the story. WHAT?!! WHY, KELSIE?!!! I know. I know, guys, it has all those elements I would normally love. Here's the prob, Bob. Cait? She's annoying as hell. Yes, she's insecure about her weight and yes, it's hard for her to come to grips with the fact that he is interested in her because he is a MMA God. But should it take the entire book for her to come to her senses? Uh, no and I'll tell you why. Dante literally showed her at every opportunity that he was serious about her. I mean, Jesus, woman what else does he have to do?! Cait just ruined this book IMO. I'm not discounting the fact she went through some shit with her struggle for weight loss because HELLO welcome to America and every single girls problem (myself included) but I felt like it became preachy at some points and nothing turns me off a book faster.

Well, if you disliked it so much why the three stars? That would be thanks to Dante and the secondary characters, namely Paul. Dante is so sweet and caring, but also sexy as hell. And as mentioned before, a MMA fighter so major swoon! Paul is literally the show stealer. I turned the page for him. Yeah, Dante is hot and all, but Paul was entertaining, funny, and full of sage wisdom and by far my favorite character. Every person should have a best friend like him. Now as far as technical writing, this author isn't bad at all. The editing was great, the dialogue flowed easily and was believable, the character development (although not liked by me) was thorough and I'm sure many people will love this book. I just can't get behind it fully. So with you guys in mind, here's a three star rating.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but it will come with a warning about Cait. Will I reread/continue series? No rereading here unfortunately. I am willing, however, to give the author another shot because I am almost positive my negativity about this book is about the character and NOT the author. I recognize her talent so I'll keep an eye out for future releases. This ARC was given by Entangled Publishing LLC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review